Sustainability Advisor - Luxury Travel Permanent
- Location: London, England
- Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum
- Sector: Strategy Consultant
- Consultant: Maia Fulcher
I am a working with a niche luxury travel brand who have a focus on sustainable, planet-friendly travel! As part of their mission, they are seeking a talented Sustainability Advisor with a passion for both travel and the environment!
* Monitoring and encouraging positive environmental and social impact as a business across all of our offices
* Monitoring and promoting good practice across the different ground suppliers that we use, facilitating the exchange and promotion of good ideas across our providers
* Contacting all of our key accommodation partners and investigating their sustainability and positive impact; creating a breakdown of their 'key positive impacts' to be displayed prominently on our website and in our communications with clients.
* Facilitating high quality, positive impact being part of the decision-making process for the clients
* Ensuring the positive impact of our own work and that of our suppliers to fulfil our vision "to make travel uplifting"
* Helping to set up and manage our own charitable foundation to ensure our funds are well spent and to encourage more donations from clients
* Generating regular communications to the company and travellers to share the work that is being done.
Skills for Success
* Strong work ethic and passion for sustainable travel
* Able to drive business forward by inspiring others and bringing fresh new ideas to the table
* Driven and determined to always do better and help us be leaders in our industry * Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Very well-organised and able to manage time and priorities effectively
* Operating in a fair, honest and open manner with colleagues and suppliers to foster trust and mutual respect
* A 'big picture' mindset
* Positive attitude to seek solutions in your work and create a friendly environment in the office.
* A readiness to adapt and embrace change; recommending ways we can improve
* Ability to actively listen and demonstrate empathy and self-awareness
* Flexibility to take on a variety of tasks and willingness to roll sleeves up and support colleagues.
* Humility and openness to learn and share with others
* Enthusiastic self-starter
* 1-2 years' experience in a sustainability-related role, preferably in travel
For more info, or to discuss your suitability, please send a CV to Maia at
Propel are the UK's largest independent provider of permanent and contract recruitment services to the global digital economy, specialising in commercial, marketing, technical and creative talent.
Services advertised by Propel are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for our roles, many from people who meet or exceed the requirements. Whilst we try to respond to as many applicants as possible, you can assume that you have not been selected for interview if you do not hear from us within 14 days.