Senior Ruby Engineer Permanent
- Location: Berkshire, England
- Salary: £65000 - £85000 per annum
- Sector: Software Engineer (Front to Back)
We're looking for an experienced Senior Ruby Engineer to help us build a series of major enhancements to our SAAS platform and infrastructure. You'll have worked on high availability transactional systems, helping to analyse, design and implement improvements to ensure they can scale effectively. You'll understand the challenges in building a large complex web application.
The development team is 16-20 developers and although this role takes responsibility for Senior led technical decisions, there is a development manager who deals with the day to day management of the team, allowing you to really focus your efforts on delivery.
This role would suit a Senior Developer who is looking for fast track carer progression.
- Design and implement application and infrastructure components
- Analyse and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of system
- Work with developers to create new features and functionality
- Advise on best practices from large-scale application experience
- Mentoring other developers via coaching, pair programming and code reviews
Requirements and skills:
- Proven experience of building high availability, large-scale web apps and infrastructure
- Expert knowledge developing and debugging in Ruby
- Understanding and implementation of distributed message-based systems
- Solid competency with SQL (MySQL), non-relational data stores and caching strategies (Memcached)
- Comfortable with Linux and the command line
- Experience with container technologies e.g. Docker
- An interest in functional programming
- Practical experience with non-relational data stores
- A desire to develop into a Lead Engineer role
- A passion and flair for all things web tech
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Accountability, responsibility and flexibility
We are an award winning SaaS platform and our development team power the technology behind thousands of dating sites around the world.
We have development offices in London and Windsor and offer our team great working conditions. We encourage our team to find opportunities to grow, challenge themselves, attend meet-ups/conferences and foster innovation with regular hack days. We advocate a healthy work life balance, offering flexible working patterns, free snacks and drinks, private health cover and a great pension scheme.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- £60000 - £80000 per annum London, England