Senior Architect - Retail/B2C client - Chippenham Contract
- Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
- Salary: £500 - £600 per day
- Sector: CIO / IT Director
- Consultant: Amy Somers
The client is going through a hug Digital Transformation and are bringing their whole technical team in-house as its currently offshore.
The Senior Architect is responsible for developing and maintaining the clients technology strategy, and by building technology products and solutions that help to run efficient operations, support business users and engage with customers.
-You will have background in enterprise IT with an understanding of legacy systems, your recent experience will have been leading agile teams to deliver scalable, cloud-based platforms and digital products, ideally including web and mobile.
-You will most likely have a background in a retail or B2C business.
- You will be motivated to support technical teams to deliver software in the most efficient and effective way, and promoting experimentation and innovation.
- Working knowledge cloud-based infrastructure and infrastructure automation.
- Use of recognised architecture and design patterns and frameworks for C#.net, Java, and native apps (Java / Swift)
Strong experience of cloud-based infrastructure including deployment, scaling and performance monitoring.
- Wide knowledge of Cloud platforms and frameworks, ideally Azure
- Experience of cloud-based datawarehouse, data platforms, BI, analytics & reporting
- Multiple times lead developer on numerous software development projects, and coaching and mentoring multiple teams.
The client is looking to move very quickly with this contract role and its likely to be extended.
Propel are the UK's largest independent provider of permanent and contract recruitment services to the global digital economy, specialising in commercial, marketing, technical and creative talent.
Services advertised by Propel are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for our roles, many from people who meet or exceed the requirements. Whilst we try to respond to as many applicants as possible, you can assume that you have not been selected for interview if you do not hear from us within 14 days.