Senior Account Executive Permanent
- Location: Windsor, Berkshire
- Salary: £25000 - £30000 per annum
- Sector: Client Services / Account Management
An Executive with experience of demonstrating AE responsibilities successfully in a similar agency environment. An SAE is a team member that is in transition from AE to AM but needs to demonstrate skills before moving on. This team member enjoys engaging with a variety of people - internally and externally. Shows enthusiasm to learn and develop. An SAE works as part of the account team and owns the logistics, administration and day to day account handling to support both clients and internal teams throughout the delivery of campaigns and projects. Ensuring that clients are kept well informed of the project progress as well as manage small projects on their own. The SAE shows glimpses of an AM demonstrating at least 50% AM skills. Responsible for 1st draft briefs, status reports and budget status report. Also responsible for analysing and providing a view on status and budget overruns.
Responsibilities and duties
* Arrange and attend client meetings and write timely contact reports
* Liaise with internal teams to develop accurate costs and schedules for projects and campaigns
* Create 1st draft client and internal briefs
* Track progress of projects to ensure they have been estimated accurately, purchase orders have been received, where applicable, assets have been purchased and invoices are sent in a timely fashion
* Review internal work to ensure that it is in line with the client brief
* Confidently take client amends and provide a point of view on them
Senior Account Executive
* Work alongside the Traffic Manager to ensure client projects and amends are resourced to support timely delivery
* Be aware of and confident about the contents of the ABPI code and make sure with other in the agency that the work for your client meets the letter and the spirit of the code
* Build relationships with your clients and ensure they are well-informed (and happy) with the progress of the project through weekly status and budget reports
* Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to multitask - understanding where to best focus time and effort dependant on task importance/deadline
* Confident in contributing to new business pitches, able to drive daily activities and research to develop background, able to update pitch team on this
* Confidently seeks new business while balancing current business workload
Ownership of all tasks listed above in the absence of an AE on the project/account, plus the below;
* Creates strategically sound 1st draft of creative briefs
* Contributes to the creative process by gathering and shares appropriate insights, facts and data
* Keeps on top of industry news on active disease areas - informs team about any key highlights
* Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of assigned brands from market dynamics and clinical data
* Has thorough knowledge of key competitors (strengths, weaknesses, positioning, and performance) and competitive environment (customer perceptions, attitudes and usage) for all accounts and shares this proactively either face to face or email as appropriate
* Assesses and analyse industry audits and quantitative research
* Demonstrates significant knowledge of agency procedures, issues faced and contributes to problem resolution
* Contribute to communication strategies/key issues identification (e.g. SWOT analyses and brand platform briefs)
* Assists with initial budget creation and begins to own the process for delivering proposal to client
* Identify additional budget opportunities
* You will have had some experience of several digital channels and projects with a basic understanding of digital and/or multichannel marketing.
* You will have exceptional strong verbal and written communication skills and be seen as a logical, confident 'voice' to clients and internal stakeholders alike
* Communicates effectively with the creative team to foster concepts and job development on straightforward jobs
* Effectively and concisely communicates basic agency recommendations to clients
* Demonstrates solid writing ability
* Demonstrates influence and diplomacy in written and verbal presentations.
* An eagle eye for detail. Quality of output is absolutely the most important component in everything we deliver - from technical products to written documentation.
* Confident in presenting own projects/tasks to client
* Hardworking and loyal to the agency. A willingness to work longer hours when required, often under pressure to meet deadlines
* Ability to remain calm and focused during exceptionally busy periods
* Excited about presenting to new clients
* Resilient and solutions orientated able to deal with problems that may arise and actively search for a solution
* Fun. It means we behave positively, constructively and with purpose. We go home every day knowing we have made at least one thing better for a colleague, the company or a client. And we approach this with a smile our face and a great sense of humour: work hard and thoroughly enjoy making a difference. Make Everything Better
* Stays customer focused - is the voice of the client in the agency
* Proactively looks to find solutions to internal and client problems
* Able to manage internal conflict with interpersonal skills and knows when to escalate
* Focuses not only on tasks for the day but ensures forward planning is in place on all projects and accounts.
* This job description should be treated as a guide to the duties that the post holder is expected to perform. As a term of employment the post holder can be required to undertake such duties as are commensurate with his or her position.
* This job description may be amended to meet the changing requirements of the agency at any time and after discussion with the post holder.
Propel are the UK's largest independent provider of permanent and contract recruitment services to the global digital economy, specialising in commercial, marketing, technical and creative talent.
Services advertised by Propel are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for our roles, many from people who meet or exceed the requirements. Whilst we try to respond to as many applicants as possible, you can assume that you have not been selected for interview if you do not hear from us within 14 days.