Press and Media Relations Manager Permanent
- Location: London, England
- Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum
- Sector: Finance
Propel are seeking a Media Relations Manager to join a spread betting fintech company and take ownership of media and PR through a multitude of channels. Propel has actually hired the entire marketing team at this company - so we know them very well!
You will be joining a fast growing marketing team within a established, exciting and expanding fintech business. The company truly believes in the power of marketing, and you will be joining passionate individuals to develop the copy further.
This person needs at least 2 years' experience of Media and PR - not necessarily within the financial industry, though it helps.
The Role and Responsibilities:
- The main responsibility is to engage consumers who are both not actively interacting with the company, and also those who are.
- You will be doing market research to identify new opportunities to create stories and develop media relations.
- You will work across a variety of channels including but not limited to social media (including live streams), blog posts, vlog posts, video content, TV, radio and podcasts.
- You will be actively seeking out individuals in the industry to interview, as well as preparing and conducting the interviews - you should be comfortable with being in front of the camera!
- You will be developing relationships throughout the industry, including social media influencers, companies, the press, customers, and key industry voices.
- You will be finding and attending key industry events.
- You will be ahead of our competitors, constantly and proactively seeking out new industry stories.
You Must Have:
- 2 years plus experience of Media Relations and PR.
- Ideally experience of fintech, financial services, information or tech industry - but this is not a requirement. It is a requirement to be interested and curious about the fintech space however!
- The drive to be proactive and ahead of the game.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a real flair for connecting and communicating with people in interviews.
- Excellent interview skills.
There are great progression opportunities within this fast growing company, as well as a great team, in Central London, as well as an office rooftop terrace with a view of the Shard!
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity - and it should - then please don't hesitate to apply
Propel are the UK's largest independent provider of permanent and contract recruitment services to the global digital economy, specialising in commercial, marketing, technical and creative talent.
Services advertised by Propel are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for our roles, many from people who meet or exceed the requirements. Whilst we try to respond to as many applicants as possible, you can assume that you have not been selected for interview if you do not hear from us within 14 days.