Design Lead - Digital Product/Service Design Permanent
- Location: London
- Sector: Creative
We create entirely new businesses from conception through to finished product. As our Design Lead / Creative Director, you will make a critical contribution to the success of our portfolio of incubation businesses. You will lead a team of ambitious product designers in creating products that delight their users, providing structure and process as well as intuition and inspiration.
You have a curious and creative mind, eager to understand what makes people tick, but have the ability to focus on process and look at things from a business point of view. You should love building products that users rave about and working across different projects with lots of competing priorities at rapid pace. You should thrive in a startup environment and subscribe to lean methodologies and principles of product development.
You should bring product experience and credibility (i.e. you’ve been responsible for shipping several products, ideally from scratch), but also be looking to extend your impact across several products while investing in your team.
As our Creative Director, you’ll be responsible for the following:
· Providing creative and process leadership to the design team, coaching and mentoring team members while making an active contribution to product vision and design.
· Working with Product Managers to align design decisions to commercial realities, always advocating for the user and leveraging insights to create better designs.
· Designing, executing and analysing qualitative and quantitative user research (generative and evaluative) to identify and align to both articulated and unarticulated needs.
· In collaboration with the Head of Product, allocating and managing design resource to ensure smooth delivery of new incubation products.
· Streamlining the professional development of individual design team members by setting expectations, and career goals, providing coaching and feedback, and communicating salary progression.
As our Creative Director, you possess the following skills and competencies:
· History of delivering successful products at scale for web and mobile platforms, including conception, implementation and delivery, with a proven track record of building experiences that end users love.
· Familiarity with common design patterns as well as a broad range of design tools and methods from innovation to production.
· Excellent storytelling and narrative skills; the ability to tell the story of a product and how it meets users’ needs to a variety of audiences.
· Ability to quickly assess individual team members’ abilities and match the right people with the right work while maintaining an awareness of project needs and escalation paths for the team.
· Significant experience in a product leadership role with strong coaching and people development ability. Ability to encourage self-motivation, improvement and drive. You are a firm believer in coaching over management.
· Prior experience in juggling multiple projects and delegating work effectively, iteratively implementing operational improvements to the way you and your team works.
· High emotional intelligence and empathy, both for your team, your stakeholders, and your customers.
· Organised with a strong attention to detail and an ability to balance detail with the big picture.
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
Join a highly motivated, energetic team who will push you to incredible heights. Yes, we're offering a competitive salary, however it's the work environment that's unique. We provide all the excitement and freedom of an early-stage startup but with the stability and resources of a large organisation. This is a remarkable chance to grow your career, with options for contributing to an ambitious team and getting in on the ground-floor of the next high-growth startup... whatever that might be!
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- £300 - £325 per day London, England