Copywriter - Digital Design / Build Consultancy - £27,000 Permanent
- Location: London, England
- Salary: £26000 - £27000 per annum + Healthcare, Pension, Unlimited Holiday
- Sector: Creative Copy
- Consultant: Joe Misseldine
An incredibly well respected design and build consultancy who work with tier 1 clients on large scale digital projects. Founded by former digital design leaders and friends, this agency have grown organically simply by building long term relationships through exceptional work. Due to the continued success on their core digital design and build offering, their clients have insisted that they provide ongoing content / SEO management work on their websites / digital products, so a new team was born that focuses on exactly that. Because the content&SEO are housed under the same roof as design and development, this allows them to be nimble in their response to client work and they are already enjoying great success. This hire will be an early member of this team of three, which was established this year, meaning fast progression within one of the best working environments in the business.
The Copywriter role is an entry point into the Content & SEO team, the people who make client's websites perform better in search results and work closely with the web development and client services teams. As it is a new team within the company, which is quickly increasing in size due to client demand for the service, it makes it an exciting time to join as you will be able to shape your role and grow as the team does.
* Copy-writing - First and foremost your role is copy-writing for client websites. You will be responsible for writing online content for a number of different clients across a range of industries - such as fashion, furniture, retail, law and accounting amongst others - and occasionally for the company owned site as well. The Content & SEO Lead will brief you in with all the relevant information (e.g. topics and deadlines) and the Technical SEO specialist will advise on SEO elements to include (specific keywords and hyper-linking).
* Editing - Before any copy can be sent to a client or put up on the website, it has to be edited by someone different to the content creator. Any copy you produce will be edited by another team member, but you will be the one to edit and provide feedback on copy written by others within the company.
* Research - We don't expect you to be an expert on all the industries you'll be writing copy for - but you will be required to research topics for relevant information. There will be times where you will need to ask the client/team member for further information and/or guidance.
* Idea Generator - You will be part of team brainstorming sessions and be encouraged to think of creative ideas to make our client's content stand out from the crowd.
* Reporting & SEO Support - In order to learn about how content and SEO work together, you will be expected to assist the team on some reporting and SEO tasks. We will provide you with any necessary training.
* Deadline Management - As you will be working with a number of different Project Managers, you will be expected to be able to manage your workload and know when it's appropriate to manage expectations.
The successful candidate should have a good blend of the below skills and attributes. In return, you will be given one of the best benefits packages going. This includes unlimited holiday, Healthcare, great pension, wonderful open plan office and a truly supportive and friendly environment.
* Qualifications - Although this role is open to all and attitude is valued highly, a degree or professional qualification in one the following subjects would be a big help: English, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Creative Writing, English Literature.
* Experience working as a Copywriter, Journalist or other position which requires a large amount of content creation is also considered just as valuable as a degree.
* Experience writing copy for online channels, ideally this would include: Websites, Social media and Email
* Exceptional grammar
* Experience working either agency or client side in a content producing department
* Experience working to strict deadlines
* Comfortable being client-facing
* Fluency in English required, any additional languages are appreciated
* Eagerness to learn about the process of web development and SEO to understand how copy writing fits in with projects and client aims
* Be able to tolerate dogs - we often have a couple in the office and employees are welcome to bring them in!
Nice to have:
* SEO knowledge / Experience with keyword research
* Able to provide reports and insights on the performance of online content
* Enthusiasm for digital - Work is completed on many different aspects of the clients business, but digital is the heartland and represents the lion's share of the agency offering. They're a team of specialists who are always curious about how creativity and technology can be used better to help their clients achieve their goals.
Propel are the UK's largest independent provider of permanent and contract recruitment services to the global digital economy, specialising in commercial, marketing, technical and creative talent.
Services advertised by Propel are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for our roles, many from people who meet or exceed the requirements. Whilst we try to respond to as many applicants as possible, you can assume that you have not been selected for interview if you do not hear from us within 14 days.