Account Director Permanent
- Location: Windsor, Berkshire
- Salary: £45000 - £65000 per annum
- Sector: Client Services / Account Management
Supports and leads on assigned consultative projects/tasks
Accountable for managing client accounts in a profitable, timely and efficient way and for internal liaison with your Project Manager to ensure that the proper resources are allocated at appropriate times to deliver projects.
Senior level involvement with the all department heads to ensure they understand exactly what each client's need are and empowers the junior members of the team to ensure clients understand what's required of them and how the company's process delivers good client outcomes.
Leads various new business activities helping the senior account, creative and technical team to develop and deliver impactful pitches for existing and new client contacts
Responsibilities and duties
* Build strong relationships with clients and direct their accounts in an efficient and commercially focussed fashion
* Seek to nurture and support more junior members of the client services and project management teams
* Follow (and champion amongst your team) the use of existing account and project management systems and procedures and look to develop new ones where required
* Demonstrate financial control over your accounts ensuring accurate estimates are produced, billing is timely and reconciliations are done as agreed
* Retain overall responsibility for the 'health' of your accounts by tracking their progress on Traffic
* Keep up to date with new digital technologies. Understand how these can be used in a pharmaceutical setting and work within the ABPI code of practice
* Working with the rest of the client services team to seek out organic new business opportunities
* Pursue new organic business opportunities, by contributing to proposals and pitches and delivering them in person (as part of a team)
* Developing long and meaningful relationships with key clients that have worked the agency in the past, as well as those who are current
* Input into, and attendance at key agency pitches
* Overseeing logistics management of agency and industry events
* Refine the strategic vision for the agency, ensuring it is salient for clients
* Supporting the Managing Director and the co-owners to sell-in, and deliver strategic projects
* Help design and deliver workshops, educational sessions and training
* Inputting into and delivering strategic new business pitches.
* Sensitive to colleagues differing motivations and priorities
* Comfortable working independently
* Ability to make intelligent decisions on behalf of the business, whilst knowing when to escalate issues or decisions to the business owners
* Respectful of the wider client services team individual relationships with their clients, ensuring that new business work acts to compliment this
* An enthusiastic team player
* Experience and understanding of account managing digital media projects ideally within a pharmaceutical context
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills and experienced and confident in making presentations/conducting training sessions
* Detail-orientated, highly organised and analytical with commercial acumen
* Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task
* Acts in a diplomatic, nurturing and respectful way with colleagues
* Excellent time management; will work with line manager to set achievable targets and ensure you are focussing your time on issues that are of highest importance to the business.
* Ability to make intelligent decisions on behalf of the business, whilst knowing when to escalate issues or decisions to the business owners.
* Demonstrates loyalty and will be an ambassador for the agency.
* This job description should be treated as a guide to the duties that the post holder is expected to perform. As a term of employment the post holder can be required to undertake such duties as are commensurate with his or her position.
* This job description may be amended to meet the changing requirements of the agency at any time and after discussion with the post holder.
* All employees are required to be aware of their responsibilities towards Health and Safety and to adhere to the Health and Safety Policy.
Propel are the UK's largest independent provider of permanent and contract recruitment services to the global digital economy, specialising in commercial, marketing, technical and creative talent.
Services advertised by Propel are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for our roles, many from people who meet or exceed the requirements. Whilst we try to respond to as many applicants as possible, you can assume that you have not been selected for interview if you do not hear from us within 14 days.